The 'Market Insight and Innovation Manager' role is at the heart of Avire's strategy to deliver best in class solutions.
You will be responsible for growing and maintaining Avire's market knowledge and, through qualified data driven insight, providing a steady stream of innovation ideas into the business. This work will guide not only Avire's new product development roadmap but our overall business strategy for 3-5 years out.
This role focuses on Horizon 2 and Horizon 3 thinking by developing innovation ideas into specifications for new development projects. Innovation includes, but is not limited to; ideas for products, technology applications, alternative or new business models and strategies to engage with adjacent and new markets.
Main objectives of role:
1. Research through working with customers, relevant team members, partners and industry bodies to be the expert on current market and industry trends in your geographic territory; Ensure that this knowledge is scaled through our business;
2. Engage with customers at all levels, to provide qualified data driven insight into customer's pain points and backstories, to inform new product development and product enhancements;
3. Lead the innovation process by creating and managing a pool of innovation ideas;
4. Provide recommendations to the business on which innovation ideas to pursue;
5. Create clear and concise specifications for product development projects; including market & opportunity size, value proposition, target segments, feature sets, estimated development costs and timelines;
6. Identify and research new technologies;
7. Explore adjacent and new markets where Avire’s technology could be applicable;
8. Working with the Product Managers create launch/introduction plans for new products;
9. Provide information and feedback to the Marketing Communications Co-ordinator for the creation of relevant content to be used across all of Avire's platforms (e.g. website, social media, marketing collateral);
10. Work closely with Sales, Operations, Engineering and Marketing colleagues to ensure on-time delivery of projects;
11. Any other duties as directed.
1. You are a self-starter with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and direction;
2. You turn complex problems into simple issues;
3. Pro-active and results driven, you have an outstanding track record of delivering results;
4. You have a high intellect, and excellent analytical skills;
5. You are used to working under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment;
6. You have excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally;
7. You are curious and disrupt the status quo with innovative thinking;
8. You are passionate about new technologies;
9. You set high standards for yourself and others in the pursuit of excellence;
10. You impress with your gravitas and professional integrity;
11. You inspire with your passion and values;
12. You are willing to travel ~50% of the time, role will be based in Shanghai, China;
Qualifications, skills & experience
1) Experience in an insight/market research role;
2) Fluent Mandarin (native speaker ideal);
3) Good general education with excellent written and spoken English;
4) Excellent IT skills with high proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project) ;
5) Good problem solving and decision making capabilities ;
6) Strong research skills, able to work with varying sources of data ;
7) Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills ;
8) Ability and acceptance to travel as required both within assigned territory and globally ;
9) Willingness to undertake all training as necessary to be fully effective in post.
1) Degree level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience in a Product Marketing/Product Management;
2) Experience of working in a business to business or regulation driven market ;
3) Experience in electronics or safety/industrial equipment advantageous;
4) Experience of working with regional offices and third party channels, e.g., distributors and agents;
5) Current, clean, full driving licence;
6) Foreign language skills.